You are grilling one of your favorite things out on the grill and it suddenly dawns on you that you need to have some sort of side dish to make your meal extra perfect. You want something exciting and not from the boring side of the choices.
Bang! It hits you, why not grill up some asparagus?
Well, this little recipe is just the ticket. It’s easy and you can do it right there, on your grill.
- 2 pounds asparagus, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- cheese (See below)
- Set up grill for direct cooking over medium heat.
- Oil the grates.
- Place the trimmed asparagus on a platter or baking sheet.
- Add the chopped garlic and season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat.
- Place on the grill directly or in a grill basket. Grill until just tender and lightly charred, about 5 minutes.
- Melt butter in a small bowl or cup on grill.
- Use basting brush, and brush butter onto asparagus spears.
- Sprinkle on the sesame seeds.
You can put some thin Jack Cheese or grate some extra sharp cheddar cheese on them when they’re hot and let the cheese melt into the asparagus. YUM! If you do the cheese, you can forgo the butter, and sprinkle the sesame seeds on the asparagus after the cheese has melted for an extra crunch.