Grilling shrimp or jumbo shrimp on your grill is destined to be the hit of any meal. Grilling shrimp is so fast and easy to prepare too.
One thing you do need to be aware of is that shrimp just love to stick to your grill’s rack or grid. Here is a great place to pre-oil your rack with oil. Now here is where I differ from a lot of folks. I prefer to coat the rack with olive oil rather than vegetable oil. I do this simply because I have had better results with olive oil than vegetable.
- 1 large clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 wedges lemon, for garnish
- Preheat grill for medium heat.
- In a small bowl, crush the garlic with the salt. Mix in cayenne pepper and paprika, and then stir in olive oil and lemon juice to form a paste. In a large bowl, toss shrimp with garlic paste until evenly coated.
- Lightly oil grill grate. Cook shrimp for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until opaque. Transfer to a serving dish, garnish with lemon wedges, and serve.
Shrimp is excellent for your family meal or as a party appetizer. It is an easy product of your grill when you learn how. Soon you be known by the grilled shrimp you cook on your grill.