There is nothing that goes better with your barbequed or grilled meal than a great fruit tea. Beer doesn’t do it. Coffee doesn’t do it. Wine doesn’t do it. Water doesn’t do it. And milk doesn’t do it. Raspberry tea, quenches the thirst better than just about anything. Tea seems to cut through the heaviness of the barbequed food better than most other drinks. Other types of fruit tea works as well, such as peach or mint tea.
Here is a great recipe for Raspberry tea. you can substitute peaches for the raspberry if you want.
Servings: 12-16 (unless it’s me, and it makes about 4 🙂 ha ha )
- 4 qt water
- 1 – 12 oz package frozen unsweetened raspberries
- 10-12 tea bags
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (Freshly squeezed)
- For sweet tea – 1 1/2 cup sugar
- Boil water in large pan or kettle
- (If sweet tea, add sugar and stir until dissolved
- Remove from heat
- Add raspberries
- Add tea bags
- Add lemon juice
- Let steep for 3-5 minutes
- Strain berries and bags
- Pour into large container
- Refrigerate until chilled
- Serve over ice and garnish with a mint leaf (or two)
There you go. A great tasting drink that augments and enhances the taste of your barbequed meal.